Full-time employee based in the Hudson Valley
Benefits: Benefits package included and/or the option for reimbursements
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements.
Stockade Works is seeking a dynamic, professional leader with a passion for film and television
and workforce development in Hudson Valley, NY. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the
Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Stockade
Work’s staff, program expansion, and execution of its mission.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
● Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and
consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and
systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
● Actively engage and energize Stockade Work’s volunteers, board members, event
committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
● Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors and Advisory Board, building
board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing operations and growth.
● Lead, coach, develop, and retain Stockade Work’s high-performance staff
● Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program
components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the
board, funders, and other constituents.
PROGRAM PLANNING & MANAGEMENT:
● Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization's programs and
● Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the
organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the Board
● Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to
maintain or improve quality
● Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects
HUMAN RESOURCES PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT:
● Determine staffing requirements for organizational management and program delivery
● Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
including the development of job description for all staff
● Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate
legislation and regulations
● Recruit, interview and select staff that have the right technical and personal abilities to
help further the organization's mission
● Ensure that all staff receives an orientation to the organization and that appropriate
training is provided
● Implement a performance management process for all staff which includes monitoring the
performance of staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review
● Coach and mentor staff as appropriate to improve performance
● Discipline staff when necessary using appropriate techniques; release staff when
necessary using appropriate and legally defensible procedures
FUNDRAISING & COMMUNICATIONS:
● Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program
operations and regional expansion while simultaneously retiring building debt.
● Identify, apply, and secure foundation grants and corporate sponsorships
● Cultivate donor relationships
● Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external
relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
● Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
PLANNING & NEW BUSINESS:
● Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and
political and community leaders at each expansion site.
● Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program
results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional
and national replication.
● Oversee strategic partnerships and sponsorships including Stockade Works partnership
with Upriver Studios. Upriver is a state of the art, climate-forward soundstage and
production facility in Saugerties, NY founded by Stockade Works founders Mary Stuart
Masterson and Beth Davenport.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Stockade Work’s mission. All candidates should have
proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
● 3-5 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and
regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and
staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized
strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
● Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and
develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a
● Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board
● Strong marketing, public relations, and external affairs experience
● Proven fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate
communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
● Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
● Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Materials may be addressed to Stockade Works Executive Director Search Committee. Please
include “Application for Executive Director” in subject line.
Stockade Works is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from diverse cultural backgrounds
are encouraged to apply.