- Hyde Park native Joe Mazzello stars as Queen bass player John Deacon in “Bohemian Rhapsody,” which is nominated for Best Picture
- “A Quiet Place,” the John Krasinski-Emily Blunt film shot throughout Dutchess and Ulster, has been nominated for Best Sound Editing
- Part-time Ulster resident Rachel Weisz has been nominated as Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her part in “The Favourite”
- Since 2016, Polich Tallix Fine Art Foundry has exclusively crafted the coveted Oscar statuettes in their Orange County facility. The award’s 50 statuettes take about three months to produce. [link]
- Ulster County resident Wyatt Sprague served as the sound effects editor for “Roma,” the Netflix film up for Best Sound Editing and Sound Mixing
- Part-time Ulster resident Joel Coen was nominated with his brother Ethan for Writing (Adapted Screenplay) “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs”
The 91st Academy Awards airs this Sunday, February 24 at 8pm.